Sunday, March 19, 2017

God sends many blessings and the
nicest ones are friends!

Good Sunday to you all! How glorious to have these cooler days and it is less of a struggle to get things done in the heat our summer months bestowed upon us. Our nights have cooled down, the morning has a tinge of cold breeze and the days, though still warm, are bareable. All round……good knitting weather.

Do you all remember the popular yarn called "Feathers"?


 It was very fashionable a few years back, but lost it's popularity very quickly. I don't know if it was due to the fact basically,  all that seemed to be made from it were scarves, beanies and the occasional child's sweater ; or that it needed to be accompanied using another yarn with it ; or that it was a pain in the neck if you dropped a stitch? The good points about the yarn was that it was soft to the skin....and that's about it. lol
People gave me so much of it that I decided I needed to find a way to incorporate it into my products to sell. I cannot just throw things like this away, so I have to become creative in my thinking. Well I decided that if I use several different textures and knit them up perhaps something wonderful would be created. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the results.

This week I concentrated on lots of knitting as lately I had drifted on to crochet, though I did squeeze in some crochet. Even some sewing managed to get done too. Below is a cute little cushion I made using a strip of flannel material in bunny prints. It measures about 16in x 16in, just the right size for a small child.

 I knitted two beanies and finished off another that I had already started on. The grey beanie is going to have crocheted flowers and embellishments added to it yet, so I'm still going to work on it.

 As I was just minding my own business cruising through google, I came across heaps of pictures of poncho designs and realised that I haven't made one of these in years, so out came the crochet hook again and then off I went. There is no pattern to this one because just looking at a picture of another was easy enough to design one of my own. I made 16 granny squares and joined them together. Crochet a long cord to thread through the top of the work and you're done.
 This one is big enough for a 2 year child.

 And look here!!!! Another great idea.....a scarf and hat all in one. There's probably a name these are called but I do not know what that is, I just liked the idea.


 How do I use up a left over ball of yarn? I knit up a baby cardigan and a matching woolly hat, that's how I use it up. lol An addition to my market items.
 

Creating is beautiful
 This little character is being a calm dog at the moment, so we're wondering what's going on? lol Perhaps Milo is lulling us into a false sense of security and will dig up the garden.....later on today? lol He was in trouble yesterday for trying to jump up on Heather the feather. (I feel like jumping up on Heather the feather sometimes....but I don't lol).

 Milo


Now I leave you all to go and tackle a few chores and then enjoy my Sunday. It has been lovely to have some cool weather and as I sit here typing, I am enjoying the warmth of my pyjama's. I welcome our autumn weather as I know some of you gals are welcoming in the Spring. Enjoy! It is a lovely time of year.
Ciao, Anita.


11 comments:

webbsway said...

O Anita - LOVE < LOVE < LOVE what you have done with that feather yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would want every single one of those beautiful creations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that little pink beanie too ! It looks so soft and comfy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I love them all - you and your talented fingers-it should be a sin for one gal to have so much talent!!!!!!!

Kim said...

Perhaps Milo has just decided to be a very good dog!! Love all the rainbow-filled woolly gorgeousness in this post, Anita. Love that beanie with all that textured loveliness. Have a lovely week, lovely Anita.

Maria said...

And you have keep your needles clicking and making lots of lovelies....

Have a happy week....

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I used the feather yarn to make slippers... I don't mind working with it actually, but if you drop a stitch.. yeah....! You've been busy as usual! All your goodies are so pretty. Give Milo a hug from me :) xx

Fiona said...

always lovely goodies on your page. I was given a couple of orphan squares made from that yarn... they are the best ever dust cloths I have ever had..... is that yarn still available or has it disappeared out the shops now?
Hugz

Julie said...

Love all your new creations this week Anita - you sure do achieve alot. That Milo - look at that face .... how could you ever stay angry with him for long??!! Butter wouldn't melt comes to mind :-)

Francesca said...

quanta creativita' cara anita, sai come far passare il tempo, non ti annoi mai.
il tuo milo e' bellissimo

Karen S said...

Gosh, you have been really productive. If anyone can think of ways to use feathers yarn it is you.Love all the knitting and crochet projects. And what can I say but Good Dog, Milo!.

Mereknits said...

Lord I am days behind, it is Tuesday as I am reading this. Lovely makes my friend. I remember that yarn well. I used to felt it into a bag. Knitting the bag and then adding that on as a fun feature then felting it all together. It worked beautifully.

Jane said...

you've been very busy. I remember having a joined hat and scarf as a child, don't see them so often now

Unknown said...

che bei lavori Anita..tanto materiale per il tuo mercatino....mi immagino gli apprezzamenti..adoro anche il tuo cucciolone

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...