Sunday, March 26, 2017


Give every day the chance to become
the most beautiful day of your life.
                                       -Mark Twain
Good morning lovely girls, I have just had a quick wander through the front yard and I do declare I can feel the wind starting to pick up, the wind chimes knocking into each other a little louder as I stand here, and certainly....the clouds are rolling in. Our expected temperature for today is 20C and I'm excited about that.

I have been very busy this week and knitting like mad to get a very special project done before time runs out. Our young Italian girls will be leaving us soon as it nears the end of the school term. I will be heart broken to see them leave but with the knowledge that I was fortunate enough to have met them in the first place. One of the girls has a niece or nephew due this year and I have made her something to take back home. The gift will have a double meaning, the obvious one being a gift for the baby and the other meaning will be...if I can't live in Italy something I have made will live there in my stead. It fills my heart I can tell you.

I have knitted this beautiful jacket, bootie and beanie set. I chose these colours as they are a neutral soft colour and I've used a 4 ply yarn of very soft texture. I'm very happy with the finished work and the pattern is from an old book I have called Patons royal baby. 

 Last weekend I told you I was off to sit in my sewing shed, and I was true to my word. I made these three very cute little girls bags, oh they're so sweet. (Very much like me rather than Heather the feather...lol) Sorry everyone...I had Heather here for afternoon tea and she gave me lots of cheek. She is naughty. 



 So my plans for today are : to do the ironing, a quick bit of weeding if it isn't raining (but by the picture below....still the clouds come), start on my knitting orders and wish my husband a safe journey home. Today will also include teasing the kids, as this is a favourite pass time of mine. Both of my boys have ended up with my sense of humour and my husbands ability to come up with crazy stuff from the left field, so really I've got my hands full. lol
I hope, wherever you all are that life is treating you well and that you are happy.
Arrivederci, Anita.

11 comments:

Dolores said...

I do hope your day's plans come to fruition - especially the part about teasing your boys. that's a wonderful set for a newborn and the little bags are so, so cute. You really had fun with them - didn't you?
We've had a lot of wind the past few weeks but I know spring is just around the corner.

creations.1 said...

I have just enjoyed a catch up read of your blog Anita - wow - you are always so busy - wonderful creations, wonderful friends, wonderful posts - oh yes, that gorgeous cup of Milo too!! Have a great week!

Maria said...

What a beautiful set for your friends to take home to Italy for her new niece or nephew...
I still have that Patons book which was released when Prince William was born...
Such cute wee bags...
Hope you are having a great day and enjoying teasing the boys....LOL....

Karen S said...

Hi Anita. That is a lovely set to be sending off to Italy. Love the yarn colours and the pattern you chose. It is gorgeous.
The little bags are very sweet, too.
Sounds like you have a few orders to get onto. good luck with finishing those off.
I must say that I am enjoying the promise of cooler days too.

Kim said...

20 degrees....that is a little cool for your neck of the woods, isn't it?? I am in love with that pretty jacket, bonnet and booties. What a lovely shade of wool. I love the variegated colours all blending in with each other. Cute bags. Have a lovely week, lovely Anita.

Mereknits said...

YOu are so lovely to send a special baby gift home with one of the girls. Ah I wish to be in Italy myslef, dreaming of that right now........

JoJo said...

I love that paisley bag so much! And that's a really awesome gift for the baby!

webbsway said...

O wow! what beautiful colors that set is. I cannot believe it is time for the girls to go home already??? Time certainly does fly by , doesn't it??? Hope you got some good ones on your boys- keeps them on their toes! LOL

Verbena said...

Sei bravissima, complimenti!

Buona settimana ♥

Jane said...

gorgeous little bags and what a lovely set to send to Italy

Julie said...

Beautiful creations Anita. I have seen that variegated wool before, its lovely. What a wonderful gift to send home with the girls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...