Sunday, February 5, 2012

My pretty hat

 
A book is a friend.

-American proverb

You may be able to tell I’m back at work, the postings have dropped off a bit! Even though I’ve had the best week and a very busy week, I have still had time to make a pretty hat, knitted some more bootees and started another knitted jacket for a baby. There is no rest for the wicked, truly. I am so pleased with how my hat turned out.


I just love my new hat
The pattern came from one of Heather’s Homespun magazines and I fell in love with it and thought it would be great to have a new hat for school. I have to admit I cut off about 2 inches from the brim as it was way too big for me. But with some adjustments, a fine hat was made. I added the flower to the hat and the flower pattern was from another book.

I did promise to share with you some of the cushions I had made while on holidays. The photo’s came out a bit better than last time. We are waiting for our new lounge to be made so the cushions will go with the new lounge. We have an Italian leather lounge suite on the way and it is in a light shade. Can’t wait!!


These are so comfy!

I went to the library yesterday and found some terrific books. I had to grab the cross-stitch in blue and white, it has fabulous ideas to create. The puppet book will come in handy too.


I had taken the Ancient Egyptian cross-stitch book out before and will get a few
more patterns out of it for future reference.


Walk like an Egyptian.......

I will now continue with my weekend. The weather here has cooled down quite a lot so it is easier to get things done. I even managed to get the ironing done this morning without melting away.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend doing what it is you love to do. Fingers crossed the weather stays nice and nobody bothers me!!!

Cheers, Anita.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I was wondering how your return to work was going. Good to read all is well.
Great work with the hat and what a wonderful way to get one in the colour and fabric you want.
A lovely new couch? Your cushions will be great with that.
Have a great week.

webbsway said...

O MY!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've done it again! I totally ADORE that new hat!! Of course it is made with my favorite colors too! That is a wonderful job!

Can't wait till you get your new furniture . I bet since you are working -now -you can really have something comfy to come home to collapse onto! LOL

Valspierssews said...

Fabulous hat. I have a hat or two on my to do list. Great books and the cushions look very comfy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...