Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day Fun

Welcome Christmas! heel and toe,
Come and fill us ere you go!
-Mary Mapes Dodge, Rhymes and Jingles.


A Christmas wish to you all and hope your day was a
special and fun as ours. Every year we have to
make an arrangement with Cory about getting all
the proceedures right ie. wake up time, make a cup
of tea or coffee first, do we have to wait for
the rooster to crow etc. He wants it all set out or he can't cope.
Brandon on the other hand is very laid back and would
probably wake up after lunch and then open presents.
Don't you just love the mop of hair (centre bottom of picture!!) ? That would be Brandon. To have him out of bed at 7.30 am was as much as you could possibly expect. And zippy Cory couldn't contain himself!! Charge!!

Even my big boy was all excited opening presents. Now the
question is....which one is the biggest kid?? lol.


The early part of the morning was spent at home enjoying the spirit of Christmas. We then spent Christmas with my niece and her lovely family. A nice Christmas lunch and then opening of gifts. A cool swim was needed as well, the temperature was about 42C in our parts.
I love the extreme differences in certain hairdo's here.

We absolutely enjoyed ourselves at Christmas, it is always extra special when you have children around you. They are so funny to watch and some of the things they come up with - priceless.

A little while ago I was given a bag full of strips of wadding, and finding it impossible to just throw it out, I wondered what I could do with it.

I had to think for a while but came up with a fantastic way to use the bits up....



I decided Max our dog should have some new mats and cushions in his kennel. I had a fair bit of material to use up so it didn't matter what the colours were, I'm sure Max won't mind floral!!

So now there are new mats, side cushions and a puffy cushion for Max to lean on in the new Maxingham Palace.
Recently I went to a garage sale and found the cutest piece of material, just right for making a dinosaur!!





The claws are made from bits of felt as well as the spikey bits across the top of her body. I used some buttons for the eyes and even some of the strips of wadding that were left over, to stuff her with.
This is the fantastic book the pattern came from. I have had it for years and when my boys were small, I made several fun things from this book.

Today we are expecting a top of 43 C, so I did some ironing first thing this morning, helped my hubby empty the trailer out at the tip, now my plan is to sew. I'm thinking pirates sounds good!

Whatever you decide to do today, have a wonderful time doing it.
Kind regards, Anita.

2 comments:

Christine M said...

Hi Anita. At the moment it is 15 C here in Melbourne. I'm sitting here (in between looking at blogs) sewing while hubby and #1 son are at the MCG watching the cricket. It's a perfect day for sewing! Hugs, Christine

Vickie said...

WOW woman what a busy day that sure sounds like it was filled with plenty of fun & laughter...what a clever chooky you are making the dog new bedding out of them gifted bits..and your dinosaur is too cute to boot,cheers Vickie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...