Sunday, September 12, 2010

Annual Show

A person who is happy must
actively enjoy his blessings.
-Cicero

Another Annual Show over for the year, and Heather
and I made our mark. I managed to get 1st, 2nd
and 3rd placings, along with Heather being the overall
winner and scooping up the trophy, highest points
and 1st place in her entries. Well done Heather!
I had a great time with my knitting and Heather and I both
made socks.
My socks are the buttercup ones and Heather's are the darker
coloured socks. I thought it would be interesting to
share with you what our over sixties are up to as well.
Except for the picture frame in this photo, everything else
painted are old saws and blades. My neighbour put 2 saws together and made a
shark. There is some talent in this wonderful town of ours.
I have been a paying member of our local Agricultural Society for a few
years but this year jumped on board and joined in. What fun we had. The
crowd I have joined are a bunch of hard working farmers and farming families who love a
good time. It is incredible how much time they put into making sure
the show is a success.

It was incredible to find out that before they start work over show weekend,
they first get up at the crack of dawn to do many of their farming jobs and then
stay at the show all day right through until the wee hours of the morning.
And the other thing I realized they are a real laugh, teasing each other
in the nicest possible way of course!
It is a pleasure to have found them all.

Just before the show I did manage to make a funny little felt creature. I do
remember enjoying the stitching that went into him.
I found him in a magazine. Do you love the bright colours?
Now that I missed out on knitting and crafting this weekend, I am now
going to make the hottest cup of tea and knit!
Later on I will put the roast on......today Pixie went out to get a load of wood, so
it is only fitting to make him a splendid night time meal!....then back to the
knitting. Hope your weekend was fantastic like mine was, enjoy what
is left of it.
Kind regards, Anita.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Way to go Anita & Heather...your workmanship is awesome..great to read you had a good time to, aw your creepy friend is cute,cheers Vickie

Bev C said...

Congratulations Anita and Heather, Now you can wear your socks!!!
Love the saw.
Enjoy your cuppa.
Bev.xoxo

retdairyqueen said...

Congratulations to you both Well done
Love the socks Wish I had the patience to knit some

Christine M said...

Congratulations Anita and Heather. Well done!

Micki said...

Congrats to you both! I love your felt creature...so cute!
Micki

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...