Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Each new day is like
a precious silken strand
in the intricate web of life.

 A Happy Mother's Day to you all.
My three darlings are taking me out for morning tea and then I might lay around like a big hairy sloth tomorrow.....or I might not.
Today I got in early with all the big chores so tomorrow I can really just hang out.
I have managed to finish some projects off that I have been working on. I made a clown from a fantastic book given to me by Vickie. It is a knitted beauty and here he is.

Isn't he cute! He was very easy to make and all the wool is from the donated bag I received from Kim.
I thought a picture of him in the garden would look nice.

I'm now looking for a pattern to knit a short sleeved shrug. I will have fun looking for the right pattern.
The school had their Mother's Day stall coming up so I thought I would donate some gifts. I found a quick simple little gift idea on the net...
How nice and easy is this
I bought plastic white spoons, wrapped some chocolate coated nuts (or whatever you like) in cello, cover the  lot with netting, cello or whatever you like. Tie with ribbon and flowers and add the love heart and verse. There you are.
The flowers were part of the donated things in the first box of goodies that were given to me from Margaret. I thought they would come in handy and they certainly did.

Have a lovely day tomorrow.
Kind regards, Anita.

5 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. Love your new doll and I bet the chocolates were a hit with the kids at the stall.

Vickie said...

gawd batgirl no cobwebs on you hey...way to go -what a gorgeous clown you make and bravo on the quick gifties for the stall,cheers Vickie

Bev C said...

Hello Anita, the clown is just too cute,love the pants. If you are looking for knitting patterns check out Lincrafts site. They have a heep of free knitting patterns. Happy Monday.
Bev.xoxox

Seams Sew Together said...

Your clown is sooo cute!!

Unknown said...

Hi Anita , hope you had a great Mothers Day !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...