Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cushions galore!

Be not afraid of growing slowly,
be afraid only of standing still.
- Chinese proverb.

I have been checking out the lovely materials that have been donated to me, contemplating their future..
After selecting the brightest colours, I chose to make some cushions for the library.

Aren't they just lovely?

They have already been admired and slouched into by the kids. I decided to make 2 girly cushions and 2 boy cushions.
Oh and I also made the cushions as well. Kim dropped off some stuffing as well, so we can't just leave it laying around the house.

There was a great big piece of purple material with stars, flowers and girls on it. I decided that perhaps I could do with a nice table cloth on one of the small display tables.

This table cloth ended up being about 2m x 1.5m.

Just the right size for what I wanted. Of course the girls have gone ga ga over it.
Well it's that time of night to get on with tea. Chicken is baking in the oven, Pixie and Brandon have gone for a short drive, Cory is studying, so it's very peaceful right now.
See you next time.

Kind regards, Anita.

3 comments:

Bev C said...

Anita, I recognise the floral/butterfly one. I made cushions for a neice out of that material. Happy sewing.
Bev.xoxo

Sue-Anne said...

The cushions look fantastic and will be a very bright cheery addition to the library. Well done!

Jo in TAS said...

Thank-you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I've been going back through some of your posts, I love your Mr Squiggle!! As a child I spent many mornings watching ABC television!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...