Sunday, November 22, 2020

 

 May the force be with you! 

This time of year brings many emotions for me and preparing to say farewell to some members of our gym crew is now on my mind. Every year the new training nurses and hospital staff always end up joining the gym and, inevitably, they meet us. 😂 It turns into an amazing year of friendship, laughs, ganging up on the gym instructor and dedicated health to our mind and bodies. The photo just below is part of our 6am Fit45 crew with our instructor Kosta (the Adonis with the moustache). 

And then we are here with Thomas (looking a lot like Pablo Escobar with his moustache). It is "Movember" here. The boys grow a moustache and then shave it off for charity.

To Devonney and Tess......we wish you peace, love and happiness in your future journey. This is a small world and I wouldn't be surprised if we cross paths somewhere, sometime. Devonney and Tess are the young girls alongside me in the photo below. 💗
Between all this roller coaster of emotion, my true and dear hobby of knitting and crochet has helped me through this time. Lots of baby gear being made and ready for the markets.

I had made a start on the camel coloured jacket and now it is complete....oh...of course, I haven't stitched the buttons on yet. You guys know the drill about that...I am hopeless at getting the buttons on. I won't change you know....I'm too old for that now.  lol 😇💥


 


My crochet patterns aren't very detailed but the more I practice the better I'll get. I have had this book for many years but now that I'm crocheting more, it has now become interesting. Do you ever do that? You buy these books or magazines for a particular project and don't really look hard at other things in the book. Suddenly, when you're onto a different craft path, something else in the book jumps out at you

 I thought I'd better show some photos of Milo, he is still a little brat, but a loved brat. lol He helps me take photos and walk around the garden.

He's so cute


More of the balustrade's being placed around the back yard. I'm in heaven. It is a slow process of cleaning, painting and then leveling the ground to place them down. But the effect....💕💖

  So I've shared some goodbyes, now let me share with you the hellos!! Last year I had found 1 cat and three kittens at my neighbours house. I managed to catch them, hand them over to our Cat haven and they found them all beautiful homes. A couple of weeks later, I found this one. I'd planned on catching her and handing her to the cat haven. I'm not particularly a cat person, more a dog girl. So my son's girlfriend really, really, really wanted Poppy and to cut the story short.....she's with us now. I've lost my shade house to this precious little moo cow. It is now a cat enclosure.

Poppy has been spayed, hence the cone around her head.

 Meet Poppy

A special meet up with my third son Corey. We had a much loved visit yesterday with Corey and though the visits are not so many due to distance and life commitments, the visits are always much loved and appreciated. Corey became a friend to my own son Cory when they were in about Year 2 at school. We even had Corey come to Italy with us years ago. He has just purchased a block of land and will be having a house built very soon. He is always in our heart. Love him all the time.😚 

The day is getting on and today I'm catching up with some of my friends at Dome. I promised I would bring my manners with me, but I didn't disclose whether it would be good manners or bad. 😂😂😂😂😂😈😇

I beam you all love, hugs and good wishes. May they reach you wherever in the world you are.

Ciao, Anita.


4 comments:

Maria said...

It is always sad to say “Farewell” to new friends but as you say you’ll catch up one day...
WOW! Lots of beautiful crocheted jackets there....
Hi Milo... good to see you are keeping Mum on her toes....
Lovely to have Correy visit...
Sweet wee cat !

Julie said...

Your new creations are stunning as always Anita. I love the pastel coloured ones. Milo certainly has a look of mischief in his eye ... looking around for something to get in to. Wee Poppy is adorable - what a sweet face. How wonderful to catch up with Corey. Have a great week Anita. xx

Kim said...

A lovely post, Anita. Farewells with friends with whom we share a beautiful bond is always sad. Let's hope that your paths will cross again. I love that sweet Poppy is now living with you. I hope Milo is happy, too.=) Your Milo is the sweetest 'pup'. Those balustrades are looking great; how perfect they look in that spot. As for all your woolly pretties, they truly are lovely. Such pretty colours, textures and patterns. Now Anita, I want to address a serious matter with you.......this 'thing' that you have re sewing buttons on......the more you do it the easier it becomes. =) May you enjoy a great week, lovely Anita.

Verbena said...

Ciao Anita, queste foto di gruppo non so quando potremo scattarle di nuovo. Noi siamo ancora in lockdown, non possiamo uscire dal nostro comune, le palestre sono chiuse così anche i teatri e i cinema. A Natale non potremo fare festa con i parenti. Una vera tristezza. Questo covid non se ne va. Un abbraccio "virtuale".

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...