Sunday, April 19, 2020




Buongiorno a tutti!      Good morning everyone!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹



A beautiful morning to you all! This morning I wake up to the amazing sound of rain, and an indication that our autumn is slowly trickling in. There's a chill in the air as the cold wind invites itself into my kitchen. Such a nice change from the truly tough summer we had this year. 
 
 The cold weather makes me pretty excited because, though the hot weather made no difference to how much knitting and crocheting I did, the cooler weather is nicer to work in.  I treated myself and purchased these lovely rolls of yarn. They are 150gm rolls of loveliness and I'm looking for the right project to use both. I have had some fun in making little bootie and hat sets for babies.

I will be selling them on line because, as everyone knows, we cannot yet have group gatherings but the sales can still go on via internet. I am happy with the colours I found to make the sets in and I'm not sure about you all out there, but....good yellow tones are a bit tricky to find.


And the hats keep rolling in.  
It seems like I've been treating myself a lot  right now....another visit to my favourite shop in town....a beautiful pair of shoes and a cotton scarf!!! I've worn the shoes already, what a comfortable pair of shoes.

Right now the school holidays are happening and one of the projects on my list was to tidy the yard. What luck, 25 600 x 600 pavers came up for sale and I was there so fast to buy them. My lovely husband loaded all of these heavy pavers into our vehicle and then the mammoth task of unloading and moving them into our yard. We were very tired after doing that but then the next day...the other hard work started. 

So here is one area that was transformed.
                         And my Italian area also received some cheer.
I'm going to get some flat rocks from a farm to finish off the edges.
I sit here and the places my thoughts take me 💞💕



Now I have my sight set on this area. I will be replacing the plants that were in the hanging baskets, the summer was fierce. Maybe you can give me a few ideas. The side wall is part of my sewing shed, made of tin. I welcome any suggestions.
Oops....more woolly hats popping up. They're almost popping up like mushrooms around here. 😁

So...there is one more week of holidays to go and then I return to work. In this week, full concentration will be on the yard, new stock for my on line sales, doing a couple of medical appointments and catching up on general tidying.

During this time of isolation, I'm reflecting on the things that really matter to me and leaving all the unnecessary things behind. It has given me, and I would say the whole world, time to have a good long look at ourselves. Where can we improve ourselves ; how can we change in how we treat our environment ; living life to the fullest? We have this time to do that thinking. 🌏🙏
 I wish you all a beautiful day, stay safe and send love to all corners of the world.

Ciao, Anita. 🍓


8 comments:

Julie said...

Your hats & your hat/bootie sets are just wonderful Anita. I would grow a climbing creeper up that trellis on your shed wall ... something flowering would be nice. So if you are going back to school, then I am guessing your schools are still open? Ours here are all closed due to the lockdown. Happy Week working in your garden Anita xx

Maria said...

It seams isolation hasn't slowed you down. Stil out and about getting new clobber and some pavers too..
Your yard is looking lovely and lots of beautiful wooly items you've also created for your online sales....
Stay safe and well....

Karen S said...

Keep those needles and hooks smoking along. Gorgeous projects again. Lots of those hats will be needed for Winter. Yes, lots of on line selling has to happen.
And school is an interesting one in these times. I have been chatting to a few friends about it here as school term started last week with everyone doing it on line.
Your garden area is looking lovely. Perfect time to working in the garden.

Anna said...

Dear Anita, as you well say this period makes us think a lot and I like you too, I have abandoned the superfluous to devote myself and appreciate the things that matter .. I believe that from now on life will be different and I hope for the better.
Unlike you, my work creativity has stalled, I prefer to devote myself to cooking, arranging home and working in the garden.
Spring has arrived in Italy and I'm trying to make the garden as welcoming as possible ... just like yours.
Congratulations on those beautiful hats, they are wonderful and sweet.
I wish you all the best possible .. take care I recommend!
Anna

Mereknits said...

Love the new look of the pavers and your special spaces in the garden. I have not had as much time for reflection as others, still I hope to better in life, living with less and giving more. Hugs and stay safe.

Country Laura said...

Bellissimi i completi per i bambini e i cappelli!
Stupendi anche gli angoli del tuo giardino!
Ciao
Laura

indobolaku said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
read me said...

that is really a good tip especially to those fresh to the blogging simple but very accurate info many thanks for sharing hope to read more 아인프리서버

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...