Sunday, May 27, 2018


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh crap, she's up"!
Oh hello there beautiful people! So lovely to be here with you. I missed out on blogging last weekend because we spent the time preparing for our Poultry Auction. It was a very busy weekend cleaning the Poultry area at the show grounds and also setting up our stall to sell our goods. Getting together with Heather the feather and the Ag Society gang is always a good laugh.

I have been making something very different this week. I had been commissioned to crochet a bike seat cover. How very interesting that request was. I had noticed them on the Internet, thought they were cute, but just went on and looked at other things. I made two in different colours and there are free patterns on the net if you're interested in making one. I am not sure that I would decorate a bike myself but it seems like fun and colourful. There are even patterns to cover other parts of the push bike.
 Another project I have been working on is making scarves for the stall. I had fun making these two beautiful scarves that still need the ends sewn in and I need to block the dusty pink scarf on the right. I made them both not too long but a good size to go around the neck and have a little length once the knot is made.
 This is the scarf I am working on at the moment. It is going to be a novelty scarf, all the white knitted blocks will have a face stitched on them and buttons in other place too. I am very much enjoying this scarf as it is fun using up the little bits of yarn I have and the creative side of it all. The sewing up of the ends will be a nightmare for me though.
You all know how much I love stitching in ends and sewing on buttons.😅

 Each coloured block has a pattern on it to make the texture interesting, and all uneven sizes. I can't wait to make the faces....that's going to be heaps fun.


It is an exciting time for us in my area because the rains have started. This weekend we have had steady rain and we're so happy not only for our gardens but for our farmers. While out in the garden this morning I noticed that the flowers on my bush have double the amount of blooms compared to last year and the bees are buzzing madly!!

 🌞🌞🌞
 I thought I would show Heather's lovely works while I'm here with you. It's just a bit of proof that Heather doesn't just get into trouble all the time ; give people 'cheek' ; or that's she's naughty.🤣🤣🤣🤣 Heather is also talented in other ways. One of Heather's specialties is making baby clutch balls. These take a fair bit of work, and to me, they are detailed. They sell very well at the markets.
 🐞🐞🐞
Here too, some more of Heather's talents. Pot mitts and pot mats. She is one talented and much loved friend of mine. The Lord send many blessings and the kindest ones are friends.
 💕💕Oh will you look at these little rascals. Innocent faces?......not. Oh....only the girl with the red cardigan on. She's innocent. 😂😂😂😂 If you always want to feel young I suggest you surround yourself with crazy people that make you feel good.
 I gave myself a gift. I have been waiting for my cotton top to arrive all the way from Italy. There is a lovely lady who makes these and I buy them from her. I love the tie dyed pattern and this is the second one of these tops I have purchased. Many thanks to you Laura, I love my top.
Milo is helping out with yard duty here. He's looking for those big frightening, man eating....grass hoppers. Very important work indeed.
That beautiful face.
 Well my friends, I leave you for now. I have much to do. On Tuesday we have our staff photo taken and I have to get prepared today......to make myself look good for Tuesday. 🐲🐲 No I'm joking....I'm very keen to actually get out of my bed clothes and get dressed for the day. The time is now.....9.30am on this lovely wet Sunday morning.

I wish you a wonderful, happy week and a Good Sunday to you.
Image result for clip art flowers

Ciao, Anita.


6 comments:

Kim said...

How wonderful it is that it is raining over there. Love the bike cover and the scarves are cool. Heather is a clever lady. Love her baby clutch balls and the oven mitts. Those clutch balls would take forever to create. Have a lovely week, lovely Anita. Don't forget to smile at the camera.

JoJo said...

The flowers are beautiful and both you and Heather are very talented.

Maria said...

I'm surprised you don't want a bright colouful crocheted seat cover for your bike. thought it was just you...LOL
Looking forward to seeing your fun scarf finished.
Your Pincushion flowers are blooming beautifully. Mine trees are also coming out in flower
Heather's clutch ball,pot holders etc are lovely. well done Heather.
Hope you are all spruced up for your photo tomorrow.

Julie said...

Love the new scarves Anita. I have a pattern for those clutch balls but have never had a go. Your garden is looking pretty still. Its turned really cold here now. Hello to Milo!!

Karen S said...

The bike seat covers are interesting. Not sure how many lycra wearers would use them, but what do I know??
Your scarves are looking great. Have fun with your buttons.
I saw the report to say there was a fair bit of rain in your area. Great for the garden.
And it looks like the Ag society has been keeping you busy again.
It's cold here - what about you?

tesselleelle said...

Tutto bellissimo, le sciarpe sono stupende, i fiori sono un incanto (purtroppo non li conosco)
anche il cucito creativo è molto bello, una coccola a Milo un abbraccio e un caro saluto,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...