Sunday, April 22, 2018



Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment
and make it perfect.
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
It is raining.....my beautiful friends...it is raining!!!! Spoken with excitement by one who lives in Australia!! We have been waiting for the rain as have our farmers and with luck we will get it. A weather forecast has said we are in for a big down pour so let us see what happens.

 My house has become dark, as you can see up the passage way but you can hear the sounds of the birds outside. They must be excited too.
 This does not mean my mood is dark...for I have already been a ratbag to all I have met this morning. lol 🐵🐵 Well....I won't speak about last night. I had to put myself to bed early..... I was very moody because I could not find a nice knitting pattern to make a scarf. I bid my husband goodnight, warned him about my mood and went to bed.😂😂😂😂😂. Safer for everyone!!!
I'm all good this morning.👼

So I will talk about the scarf shall I? There is a ball of yarn that I'm aching to knit with, but I cannot find the 'right' pattern to compliment the yarn. This is the second pattern I have started to knit using this yarn and I'm not liking it. The pattern is a gorgeous pattern and I will use it at some stage but I think it is better suited to a thinner yarn.
 I am going to pull this out and start again...when I find a different pattern. Don't worry my friends, I will not be in a bad mood while I am looking for a pattern....it has to be the night time that my mood changes into a vicious old dragon. lol
Now this however, makes me happy. I made this cute little poncho during the week and I am very pleased with it. Just using up little pieces of yarn left over excites me and makes something lovely for a little someone.


 Another finish for the week are sets of booties and a beanie. I am sending this to a very special friend of mine who is having a baby. I have made it in aboriginal colours as a compliment to her heritage. Congratulations Jacinta. xx

 As I am on holidays I decided to visit our club rooms at the Pavilion to measure up this beautiful old kitchenette. I have made a runner for the top and shelving spaces to jazz it up at show time.
 The cream lace runners are for the small shelves inside the cupboard..
 The white with blue flower runner is for the top.

Oh excuse me Milo.....having a good sleep are we?

 😂😂😂😂😂
I have had this piece of fabric for ages so I thought I would put a backing on it and it can be hung in the pavilion also.
 I love the lace at the bottom, very sweet.
The investigator



I will let you know how I get on with the scarf mission. For now I am off to enjoy my lovely Sunday and relax. I wish you all a happy crafting day and good health to you all. xx


Ciao, Anita.
















6 comments:

Julie said...

Hope you find a scarf pattern Anita. Your new creations are great. Hello to Milo! That kitchen unit at the pavilion is just gorgeous ... so vintage & beautiful. Makes you want to sneak it off home! Enjoy your holidays Anita.

Mereknits said...

You will find the perfect scarf pattern for that beautiful yarn my friend. Have fun on your break.

JoJo said...

What a pretty poncho and love Milo as always! He's such a helpful pupper!

Karen S said...

So good to hear about the rain. Still waiting for a good downpour here, too.
Good luck with your quest for the scarf pattern. Sometimes it hard finding just the right one.
The little poncho is super sweet.
Love what you are doing with the old kitchenette. And the hanging banner is fun, too.
Keep enjoying the holidays and the rain!

Tiziana said...

hello,
i'm a new follower of your interesting blog, can you follow mine on my blog?
https://amoriemeraviglie.blogspot.it/
many thanks and compliments, i love crochet!

Kim said...

I am in love with that pretty kitchen cupboard. I think I would have to take it home with me. I hope you find a pretty pattern for that pretty wool. LOVE your poncho. Your garden is looking lovely and green. Hope those rains come!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...