Sunday, December 10, 2017



Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing.
Camille Pissaro

Buongiorno and Good morning beautiful people! Beside the lovely smell of summer, I can smell the whiff of Christmas getting closer....I'm so happy. This time of year makes me excited for many reasons and that one of them is I am almost on holidays again. lol I will have extra time to bother my friends (they love it!!).

I will also have extra time to make some more of these little cuties. This week has taken me into a path of colour by making more of the cute little hair ties. My small pieces of yarn getting tangled in my craft bag was beginning to drive me crazy so I thought I'd better do something with them. This plate of colour have all been sold already.

Merry Christmas!


 


I have also made some double flower hair ties..





And especially for our Aboriginal people, hair ties in their colours.




I had mentioned a while back that for a few years I had kind of lost interest in the garden but had found the path again. I have been spending many months now tending, lovingly, to my garden. Slowly but surely I have watched my Italian garden grow to life as I watered, weeded and admired it's progress. I wanted to replicate a vision I had seen when visiting Italy, especially in Positano where I noticed the bougainvillea were growing up one single trunk instead of a massive clump. Here is mine so far and in another couple of inches the flowers will be on the top of the framework and it can then spread out into a mass of colour.   Merry Christmas!




Growing wildly is also my sweet climber. How fast it has grown!



Oh no....What's this? Can you see him too? Look closely.
Milo




Look at all those geranium flattened. You know who's been here.


 

Do you love Milo's trendy hairdo with his ear?......I'm laughing at Milo...not with him.



Decorations going up....very happy.




Off on another direction here....I found one of those interesting crochet patterns on the Internet the other day. It is a pattern for one of those fabulous bolero's everyone is in to. Even I have had success with this easy to follow pattern.
                                                                         
I'm still working on this and will show you the end results.
If you would like to try this free pattern, click here.

Yesterday I spent a very long time in the garden and unfortunately one of my small trees had died so hubby kindly got out the chainsaw and removed it. Another bush had grown very close to it and things look a little strange here right now, but with a bit of time it should change shape.

 It is always interesting what you find in the garden...I believe we may have found a couple of hornet's nests. How amazing are they?


Well my precious ones...I'm heading off now to enjoy the great day ahead. I'm going to hopefully get some sewing done today, relax a while and just be grateful for being here.
A good Sunday to you all.
Ciao, Anita.


6 comments:

webbsway said...

What BEAUTIFUL colors -everywhere - your beautiful creations and that beautiful garden. Wish I could trade your garden for my white snow. It is pretty but I Hate it with a passion. When you have to get out in it to care for your animals- and cut firewood and haul it in - it just takes a lot of energy and getting older wants to short that supply. Plus the temperatures dropped so quickly and this storm has turned the health of my little antique donkey towards bad. I have made him two jackets-the first one he lost in the snow and the second one I sewed on him after dark tonight, but he refused to even eat and that is the first time in his life he has even done that. I could not even get him to go in his barn - it was like he was telling me goodby as he stubbornly headed off into the darkness ?????? I have cried a little because I don't want him to be a lone if it should be time for him to pass so we will see what tomorrow brings. I thought he would go last Winter , but no - he did excellent last winter... I really do not like it when it is time for them to go.

Francesca said...

ciao anita, quanta passione e quanta gioia metti in quello che fai, lo si vede dal giardino e dalle tue creazioni, tutto così colorato, e si vede l'amore x l'italia. syai attenta ai calabroni che son pericolosi!!

Karen S said...

Hi Anita. The hair ties look great and are so colourful. They are obviously popular if they have already sold out. The bolero looks lovely, too. So pleased to see your garden doing well, especially with the heat that is around.
It is always wonderful to be on holidays at the end of the year. Such a great way to wind down.

Mereknits said...

Love your crochet flowers Anita and of course your darling Milo. He looks to be a handful, but a sweet one!

JoJo said...

Love those flowers! They are so pretty! I have often wondered what southern hemisphere Christmas decorations look like since it falls during the summer. Of course I'm used to seeing the whole snow/white Christmas/winter motif.

Verbena said...

Merry Christmas. Buon Natale🎄 a te e a tutta la tua famiglia. Verbena

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...