Sunday, January 22, 2017

Always believe that something wonderful 
💕  is about to happen  💕

Good morning lovely ladies, I've had one of the best weeks and having a little sleep in this morning just tops it off. On Tuesday I celebrated my 55th 37th birthday (lol) and Heather the feather took me out to morning tea at our favourite cafe. As usual I had to keep check on Heather because she is naughty....and I'm the well behaved one 😏. I think we must've come across everyone in the world we know because we certainly had a good chat to many passers by. 
Friendship comes in many forms
Lovely Jane gave me a bag full of wonderful treasures in the form of small bright coathangers and big lengths of materials. Many thanks Jane, I love them. I was over the moon about the coathangers as they will come in handy at the markets and of course who doesn't get excited about fabric? lol
I hope you all have a nice hot cup of tea and join me as I show you what I have been up to in the craft scene.....

These are the  tea towels I have been making and selling, I am only just keeping up with demand. They are very handy and would not only be handy for the kitchen or bathroom but I'm thinking that perhaps I could make some for men's sheds?



I'm really very happy about how this bag turned out. I wanted to make a shoulder bag and had been given some excellent  quality denim. I combined a good heavy linen like print with the denim and.....

I added a sweet square button to the flap and inside I added a pocket for the phone and to hide the purse. Most seams are double stitched for extra durability and whoever purchases the bag will get themselves a well made bag that will last.

Now what is going on here? Hmmm.

Oh yes, I have been given small balls of yarn that probably wouldn't even do one round in a crocheted square, but none the less, nor could I throw it away. I decided that I could make flowers and attached them to the small cloth elastic bands for girls to tie their hair back. The centre of the flower is filled with a bright bead. Do you like them? I think they're sweet.

Now I only have three days left of my holidays and then back to work I go. I have had an awesome holiday and it's always groovy when you make a plan and stick to it. My plan was to use these holidays to produce new items for my stall and I'm happy with myself that it eventuated.

I am sending love and prayers to the people of Italy and hope lives can get back on track for those affected by the massive avalanche. I am glad that there have still been survivors found. Peace be with you.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.
Ciao, Anita.

12 comments:

Mereknits said...

Happy 37th my friend! Frankly I would not go back to 37 so I am glad you will. Looks like you had a great time.

creations.1 said...

Happy Happy B irthday!! You have done very well with your holiday plans - back to the grind soon though - it does help fund the fabric doesn't it!

Karen S said...

Happy Birthday to you! Can you hear me singing??? Hope you had a wonderful day.
Lovey work on that mountain of tea towels. It is lovely to see these being appreciated. The bag looks wonderful and I can see the girls already with flowers in their hair.
Good luck with your return to work!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to you, lovely Anita! LOVE those tea towels. No wonder they are flying off the shelf. Gorgeous bag and love those crochet flowers; so wonderfully bright and beautiful. Have a lovely week back with the maddening crowd. We still have two weeks holidays down here. Another wonderful reason why it's a good thing to live in Tassie! =)

Maria said...

A Very Happy Belated Birthday Anita! And HELLO Heather........
Those towels are fabulous and such a great variety you've made.
What great use of the wee bits of wool. The little ladies will love them in their hair.
You have turned the denim into a lovely bag....

Enjoy your few days of rest but I'm sure you'll be happy to see the kids again...

Sandra :) said...

Happy Belated Double Nickle Birthday, Anita! I know it's called that because my sewy friend up the street sent me that greeting on Friday, when I also turned 55 (or 37, using your math, hehe) :D I was 29 for quite a few years, but as soon as I hit 50, I went from 29 to 50 in a split second, haha! And 55 - well - now I qualify for some discounts :D

Francesca said...

Ciao Anita, buon compleanno, in ritardo, ma ultimamente ho problemi con il mio computer e riesco ad essere poche volte in linea. Ti mando una tirata di orecchie, da noi si fa così per fare gli auguri ed un abbraccio.

JoJo said...

I looooove that bag! I bet that will sell in no time if it hasn't already. I love the pretty colourful flowers too.

Fiona said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday.... there is always lots to see .... the denim bag is great..
Hugz

tesselleelle said...

Ciao Anita, innanzitutto grazie per il tuo pensiero ai nostri connazionali che stanno soffrendo per il disastro della valanga in centro Italia.

Ora passiamo alle tue creazioni, tante cose diverse, utili e interessanti Bravissima hai lavorato tanto!
Sai Anita, vedere te, con quel bel sorriso e la tua amica, così contente, sorseggiare thè mi ha fatto venire voglia di unirmi a voi, seppure virtualmente.....anch'io il 19 gennaio ho compiuto gli anni ma tanti più di te....67!!! il tempo è volato e non mi basta mai.

Tanti Auguri cara amica mia,
hugs you,
Laura

Jane said...

you've been busy during the holidays, the flowers are so pretty. Have a good week

decorayadora said...

Feliz cumpleaños amiga querida, espero que hayas disfrutado con tus seres queridos

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...