Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Spy

I do not concern myself with things too
great and too marvelous for me. But I
have calmed and quieted my soul.
- Psalm 131:1

Having decided to get stuck into those scraps that continue to infest my home, during the week I really made a good start on a scrappy table cloth. On Saturday at about 1.30pm I returned from a lovely, fun filled morning out with Heather. Pixie and Cory were at a gokart meeting, Brandon being a teenager was happily tucked away in his room and I had a heap of time. I put my foot to the metal (so to speak), and sewed....and sewed....and when I looked up at the clock it was 9pm!!!! Smirking to myself at how much I had actually accomplished, I realized I had made myself an I spy looking table cloth.
Ruth if you are out there, you will notice the material won't you! lol. Most, all of this material has been given to me. There is a wonderful dent in the material heap, that is so dear to me, but a reassurance that I do use the material. Of course the table cloth is going to work with me tomorrow.

I have had a very busy week, still knitting for all these babies, sewing, oh....did I mention housework?.....that too. I have cleaned lots of those weird little places that only get done now and then, all the other chores that never end. But yesterday Heather and I took off to Toodyay to check out the wool shop, and found some beautiful wool. I laughed when I saw the name of this wool......
My honey bunny is nicknamed Pixie. It is absolutely nice to the touch, he's not bad either. Oops.
I also managed to find some 2 ply wool and I can't wait to get stuck into knitting something with that.
Getting back to that material subject I have also made a couple of library bags for some special kiddies that I know. I will be whipping up a couple more today, because I just can't give one child in the family a library bag without giving them all one. They are all special.

I can't remember why I bought this material, I think I just had to have it!
 Another bag for a special boy I know.
I had a win recently in a giveaway, and very stoked to have won this fantastic knitting book. It is full of patterns, information and lovely inspiring ideas. It was a giveaway at Knit and tonic, many thanks to you Wendy.

I would love you to see the latest knitting project I am doing right now. I must admit I am trying to knit fast, to finish it and start on my newly purchased wool.
The pattern is very lacely and not hard at all. There are 3 patterned rows and purl on every second row. That's how simple it is. Here is a close up of the pattern.
I am about to donate some clothes to the Good Samaritan bins in a second, so must bid you all farewell....for now. Can't wait to start that knitting. hee hee hee. Kind regards, Anita.

5 comments:

Maria said...

What a gorgoeus colourful table cloth and great liberary bags too. You sure did sew up a storm.
What beautiful wool and cute little cardi you are knitting too.
I love to knit but it takes more than a year to knit one baby cardi. LOL Prefer to sew as it is faster.

Karen said...

Gosh, you have been so productive! Always feels good to use up bits and pieces when you are sewing. The tablecloth looks great and will work well in the library. Love all the knitting, too.

Bev C said...

Hello Anita,

Great wool purchases from Toodyay. You even managed to get Pixie some wool!!! Good luck with the knitting,it looks very soft.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Country Whispers said...

So much done in such little time.
Your tablecloth looks super and so do the library bags.
Your knitting is so precious done in those soft pastels and lacey pattern.

Valspierssews said...

Looks like some cute fabrics on your table cloth. The wool and silk blend yarn looks lovely. I bet it feels nice too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...