Sunday, January 2, 2022

πŸŽ‰ Welcome πŸŽ‡

Buon Anno a tutti! Happy New Year everyone! 

Hello there to all my lovely friends. I'm looking forward to this new year and for all the good things it may hold for us. I suppose last year was full of ups and downs but in reality, every year does. πŸ˜„ We had an amazing Christmas and we even were blessed to have some family members come around to celebrate with us. Heather the feather dropped by for a while too, but she's considered family anyway and it was nice to see her.πŸ’•

Well, I've fallen in love with the pretty cotton dress patterns that I've found on Pinterest and in particular, this one pattern that I have repeated many times. I enjoy the pattern, it is easy and so pretty. I have now found another pattern that is becoming a favourite, and that would be the dress in the darkest yarn in the photos.

What do you think about the cute little sandals hey? I had a tiny bit of cotton left over and by chance (scrolling through Pinterest πŸ˜‚), came across this sandal pattern. So I have found a nice little set to crochet and sell at the markets.

My dress collection is growing and when we go back to the markets in February, I will certainly have some beautiful creations to sell to our community. I hope they are received well. I'm sure they will be. The middle dress in the photo is a slightly different pattern that has a ruffled short sleeve to it. 

I am surprised at the cost of cotton yarn though. Getting it when it's on special is the best way to go for profit but it's getting to the city at the right time. Our craft shop has closed down in our town and there is no other craft shop πŸ˜“.

   This poncho is much more pretty and interesting in the flesh than in this photo. It is an unusual soft yarn that is varied in colour and so so soft. I will be adding a contrasting colour for the tie and the edging. Perhaps a yellow or orange shade.


  Milo......big savage hunting dog......πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†


Now, do you like this simple, knitted baby romper? I made this using no pattern. I'm becoming an expert at looking at photos on the net and counting stitches and giving it a try. I'm always trying to save the dollar, so if I just take a chance to see how good my copying skills are and it works.....then I'm going for it.  lol

This blue baby jacket is another one of those guessing the stitches from a photo, I'm so naughty. But one thing I did do was the crab stitch around the edges. That was my addition. I rather like to look it gives to the finished item.

A friend of our family is having a baby this year and I've started making some cute things for the baby. They already know they're having a baby boy so I'm on to it. There last name is Brown so I thought I'd go with the brown tones for the baby. I know I will have such fun making gifts for this little fellow. Come on now, no comments about the lack of buttons. lol You all know how I am with the buttons. 


Now it's time for me to get some lunch, or to bother some one in this house hold. They are both things I love to do, eat and bother people. lol Looking forward to visiting your blogs soon.

Ciao, Anita. 🌷

3 comments:

Maria said...

All the best for 2022....
You've made so many lovely projects for your markets..

Julie said...

Happy New Year Anita. Your knitting & your crochet are just amazing! Honestly I wish I loved closer as I would certainly get you to teach me πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š ... think of the fun we would have. But seriously ... your work is beautiful & I just love all your new creations. I'm sure they will sell really quickly at the markets.

Karen S said...

Happy New Year.
Your skills with yarn are wonderful. Those little dresses are so sweet. Love all the projects. I am pleased you are getting a good amount of stock ready for market starts up again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...