Sunday, September 19, 2021

 

🌷 Showtime is over 🌷

So I'm back for real now! No more sneaking around and hiding my craft work and what I've been making. πŸ˜‚ It is always difficult in the months leading up to our annual show to make things to put away, to complete commissioned work for customers and to make things and show on my blog. I will have to think up a new system on how to get around this problem.
 
Again, the entries were down in the pavilion, in most sections and this is a pity. Our young generation may never get to see all the amazing crafts out there in the world. People have told me repeatedly that their work is not good enough to enter, and it cranks my handle a bit when I hear that. The show is really a display for the whole community to see and it is a means of attracting people from other places to visit our town. I don't know how to overcome this problem as it is the same for many other regions. 
In the meantime, friends of mine and myself continue to make as much as we can so there is a display in the show. 
Below is my knitted scarf that won first prizeπŸ† and won the blue ribbon in the Needlework section for overall winner. I haven't won the ribbon before, Heather the feather has, so it was nice to win it, though I would rather see someone else take it home. 


I made this bag and entered it in the Craft work section. The pattern was something I saw on Youtube and really loved the texture and design. It won first prize and will go with me to the markets to sell.
I had fun testing my crochet skills with these two little cute baby jackets. They didn't win any prizes but it was good to get more practice in crochet.
Now this beauty did win 1st prize and I have to say, I really love it. I loved making it, the colour is super and the feel of it as it was made was so soft.

I'm loving old Youtube, honestly, I have found so many interesting patterns that by reading a pattern, I would never have understood what to do. Below are a couple of woolly hats, they were fun to knit. I love the smocked look on the pink hat and the bobbled hat was fun to make purely because I loved the feel of the yarn. I know, crazy hey!!
My first prize baby booties....love them.

So here is the old gym gang at our coffee get together. We decided to meet at an old pub in town that had been closed for about 20 years and Esther (grey and black striped top and standing to the left of me in this photo) and her husband have been renovating the pub for about four years. Finally it is open as a coffee, eatery, alcohol beverages and a gathering place. It is fabulous.

Oh Lord, that grin!

Well my precious friends, I am off now to catch up on so much house work it isn't funny anymore. The last two weeks, build up to the show has just been crazy. I have also judged in the Needlework section in a neighbouring town for their show. I was honoured once again to be asked to judge at their show. I would love to hear from anyone in regards to ideas on how to encourage people to enter their works in to the show. I am almost at the end of my ideas and would love to hear from you.

Ciao, Anita. 🌻


 

3 comments:

Maria said...

Congratulations on your blue ribbon win πŸ₯‡ and also the other beautiful winning entries….
You knit/crochet so many lovely things…
The booties are just so cute..
Lovely place to get together with friends.
That smile hasn’t changed ….

Verbena said...

Complimenti vivissimi!
Tu sei la regina dell'uncinetto. ♥ ♥ ♥

Karen S said...

It is lovely to see all your show entries. And well done on the wins and the magnificent blue ribbon. Very exciting and well deserved.
I am pleased your state has been able to continue having shows. I miss all those things.
Lovely also to see a beautiful old building being cared for and brought back to life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...