Sunday, October 25, 2020

 Write it on your heart that today is the 🌸 best day of the year. 🍒

Well Buongiorno & Good Morning to you all and haven't I been off the scene for a while 😂. My last order gave me grief, so much so that I started calling the Bride and Groom some rather nasty names. lol  This knitting order came with urgency in it so I had to really make a fast move to get it done. These little sweethearts were going to be a keepsake for the young couple getting married. The family had made an order to get dolls knitted from someone else and when they received the order, it was not completely what they'd asked for. Apparently my name had been suggested several times and the lady came to me for help, which I gladly did...oh but the pain. lol I mean that in a nice way. 💕

Special requirements came with the order: the Groom had to have surfie hair and cream attire ; the Bride needed some green trim and has brown hair. Due to covid, I found it extremely hard to find any yarn that would be suitable for his hair, so I had to dig through Heather's yarn stash, and because she is such a yarn and fabric addict......😹😹😹😹....I found some. 

So these beauties were made using a pattern for 7 inch dolls but I had to adjust everything to suit dolls that were more like 12 inch dolls. I do love how they turned out and I was so glad to finish this project, not only because it was challenging but the thought that the lady was going to get her order.

I even made a glittery wedding bag to wrap them in. 💏

  These little beauties are the reason I have not posted in several weeks. I had been so consumed with completing them that my housework went to trash, my friends had hardly seen me, hubby has done the clothes washing 😘, and nothing else has been made. lol Last Sunday morning, when I finished this project.....I was straight on to the next order........

A knitted sweater for a two year old. The pattern is in cable and I'm using 4 ply yarn. It is a very nice yarn to knit with and I'm pleased to say that even though it is a fine yarn, I have the back and front made. Not bad progress for something I started only last Sunday.

  I attended a baby shower last Saturday and as luck would have it, my niece Lisa was also attending. It was so lovely to see her again, as lately I am seeing her more and more. Lisa is on the left hand side of the photo. The lovely pregnant lady in the middle, Tayla, is a work friend of mine and friend of Lisa. It doesn't matter where I go, I'm always the shortest......and the 'blondest". 😄

Yesterday Heather the feather and I took off to the little historical town of Toodyay. Heather was only allowed to come with me if she behaved herself and that was challenging. lol Everything was going on in that little town: car racing, tourists, car boot sale, people at every corner of the street. I met a friend while we were in Toodyay and she asked if I'd seen the fabric at the car boot sale. Somehow, we missed seeing it, so we went back. Oh gosh....we found the table, it was stacked with a mile of fabric, so I had to buy some.


Now my lovely friends, it is time to actually get some work done and then call the afternoon my own. I would love to get this little sweater completed as soon as I can because I feel like making something random and a project that suits me. lol

I wish you all a good day and I hope you find time to do something you love to do.

Ciao, Anita.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Anita, how on earth did you miss 'that' fabric table??!! Your wedding dolls are fabulous. You are so very clever to fashion these and in such a short amount of time. I imagine the lovely couple were over the moon with their gift. Love the child's jumper. Cable patterns always look wonderful. Have a great week,lovely lady.

Verbena said...

Hai fatto un bellissimo lavoro, brava! Hai una mano perfetta e i punti sono molto regolari.
Ciao, Verbena.

sinforosa c said...

Sei davvero molto brava, i tuoi bellissimi lavori lo confermano. Buona domenica.
sinforosa

Karen S said...

Good to see you keeping so busy.
Well done getting the bride and groom finished. Looks like a few good finds at the sale. Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...