Sunday, June 28, 2020


'In the depth of winter I finally learned
 that there was in me an invincible summer.'
 
Good morning lovely people and hello winter! We are waking up to amazing grey clouds with the sun peaking through to say hello, I am still here. Finally the rain has come and we are sending prayers that Mother Nature will send the rain to our beautiful farmers who so need the paddocks soaked with water.
I took a few snap shots from my front yard.💖
 I love how this part of the garden always makes me feel happy.  Green, white & red.
 As I was standing outside this morning admiring the array of grey tones in the sky, the birds were going crazy. Flying by and overhead, non stop. I was quick enough to catch a photo of this little cute bird. And then he was off.
 Aside from the beauty of nature during winter comes the best excuse reason to keep spending heaps of time knitting and crocheting. Heather the feather gave me a rather interesting colored ball of yarn. The colors of the winter months all joined together, so what better plan to knit it into woolly hat, mitts and ear warmers.
 In fact, I loved the ear warmers so much that I made more. I found the pattern on the internet somewhere.😂 It is such an easy pattern to crochet.
 I discovered a new brand of yarn to knit with, the Birch brand. I don't know if any of you have used it before but I'm about to find out how it works. 🙏
 I was very lucky this week because I came across a simple, quick boot pattern for a new born baby. I used 8 ply, 4mm needles to make these cute boots. I am now making a woolly hat to go with them. Some one will love these when they are finished.
 Actually, to be honest, I had a pretty good week last week. I like taking some quiet time to reflect on positive things that have happened to me, it balances your mind.

I bet you could do the same thing. All those little things add up and outweigh the negative. For me, the restrictions from Corona virus have lifted so much, I met up with my crazy bunch of Ag Society friends, had afternoon tea with Heather the feather, found some amazing patterns and also found this beautiful warm blanket at the Op shop for $5.00!! I am blessed 💝

 Well beautiful friends (see, another positive), I'm off to do some jobs......I have to actually get dressed first. lol I hope you all have an amazing Sunday, stay safe and happy. See you all next time.
Arrivederci!  Anita 🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒




7 comments:

Stefania said...

Ciao, leggere dell'inverno quando qui da noi è piena estate con temperature sopra i 30 gradi fà un pò effetto.
Complimenti per tutti gli splendidi lavori a maglia di questo post.
Sei bravissima.

Kim said...

I love stormy skies and I am loving your pretty garden. Those ear muffs are so pretty, Anita. Isn't that a fabulous pattern on the op shop blanket. How wonderful you are out and about again and meeting up with your friends.

Maria said...

Beautiful stormy skies ad as I type I hear the rain on the roof here... Yeh!!!!
Some beautiful yarns you used to knit and crochet up.
The baby boots are so cute....

sinforosa c said...

La luce di quel cielo è meravigliosa e ti invidio un po' perché qui, al contrario, è scoppiata l'estate, calda e afosa, un vero incubo. Complimenti per le foto e per i tuoi sempre bellissimi lavori. Buon inverno, allora.
sinforosa

Verbena said...

Un abbraccio dall'Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mereknits said...

You always make me smile Anita. Stay safe.

Karen S said...

I have been watching the weather reports for your state. Looks like it came in rather wild the last day or so. I do hope your farmers get the rain too.
I had not thought of ear warmers. Great idea. And I love the little boots. So cute!
Your garden will have enjoyed that rain.
I can only dream about getting out and about with friends. We are in a hot spot so staying home is still the norm for us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...