Sunday, January 12, 2020


Hey little fighter.....soon things will be brighter. 🙏🙏

Good morning lovely people!! I arrive late to post today as I've spent much of the morning checking Face book to see how the bush fires are going around Australia. As you would probably know, dotted around Australia are out of control bush fires that are devastating the land. The eastern side of Australia, mainly, is suffering with the loss of human and animal life, loss of homes, belongings and the beautiful plant life.

I am humbled by the incredible out pour of sympathy and help we have received from around the world and I cannot begin to tell you how staggered I am to see many craft people from many countries making kangaroo pouches, crochet and knitted bird nests and many other items for our wildlife and sending them to Australia. I do not mean that I don't think the world is capable of it, I mean my heart is touched at how much many from around the world have done.💖

The community in which I live (Western side of Australia) have started organising fund raising events to donate money to the bush fire victims. Our local butcher is teaming up with a couple of other businesses and are holding a Sausage sizzle night in the park. One of our local musical bands have offered to play music on the night, some hairdressers will do haircuts and Heather and I have donated a basket of handmade and other items to raffle off. It is so important to band together in times like these.🕊🕊


This week as I've tried to stay calm about the bush fires, I have continued to do my crafts. Always good for the soul. Two cute neck warmers have been crocheted up and ready for the next winter. I found this amazing and simple pattern on the internet. I tried it in variegated colours and then using rows of different colours, how different they both look.

I have crocheted some bird nests for the rescued and injured birds over east and will be sending them on shortly. A friend had given me balls of thick pure wool some time ago and I didn't know what on earth I was going to make out of them because they are very thick. Just goes to show...don't throw anything out because it will come in handy one day.
 The colours are still popping out around my place, I just can't help myself now. The stash of small lengths of yarn that had no purpose now are the heart of my projects. Eight little blocks are getting stitched up to become the top section of another poncho.
 This will teach me not to be organised before it gets dark. Thinking I had the right colour for the edging row....lol..... nope. You can see the outside border is a different dye lot.
 A lovely surprise or prank from Heather the feather.Heather kindly gave me a bag full of cottons. Most people would love a gift like this from their friend. I am suspicious of Heather😂😂😂...I think she has done a clean out of her craft room so she can boast that her room is cleaner than mine. lol
Don't worry good people....Heather came over and stirred me up like crazy yesterday...this is why I'm in a mood. 😅😜💕


from one stirrer to another

Wait for it, wait for it....

 and along comes Milo

Sad face, nobody loves me, I don't get 24/7 attention...
blah, blah, blah. lol

Doing weights at the gym...I can't wait for tomorrow morning for boxing!!!!!
Well beautiful friends, I leave you for now. I hope you all enjoy your wonderful week ahead and be happy.
Ciao, Anita.

6 comments:

Julie said...

How lovely your gift basket looks Anita. I agree with you - we should all do what we can - every little bit helps. These fires have been so terrible in your beautiful country. Your bird nests look wonderful. I think they are just so cute. My friend & I made joey/kangaroo pouches yesterday. She cut & I sewed = they are being sent over in a huge shipment from New Zealand. Have a lovely week Anita. xx

Anita said...

Thank you Julie x Australia thanks you, your friends and NZ for your kind thoughts and donations.

Maria said...

Such a great basket of homemade goodies to raffle...
It's sew good to see so many communities getting together to raise monies for much needed bushfire survivors, both human and our wildlife.

Karen S said...

I have to agree that I a m delighted to see the support for our country coming from so many places around the world. It has been a horrible time and we are still not safe yet. There are so many still burning.
Love the idea of the bird nests you have made. great idea.
And well done adding your goodies to the fund raising raffle.

Mereknits said...

The fires are so horrific, I can't even imagine the magnitude of loss, animals, plants and homes, people, loved pets, it is all so horrible. But the world is with all of you, praying and hopefully donating. Take good care Anita.

Unknown said...

Strange "water hack" burns 2 lbs overnight

At least 160,000 men and women are trying a simple and SECRET "water hack" to burn 2 lbs every night while they sleep.

It is easy and it works every time.

Just follow these easy step:

1) Hold a glass and fill it half full

2) Now use this awesome hack

and you'll become 2 lbs skinnier when you wake up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...