Sunday, December 15, 2019



Each day comes bearing gifts.
Untie the ribbon.



Hello beautiful friends! It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted, and though today has been an emotional day, I still arrive here.

I lost my beautiful pet bird Fred, she passed away today. I have had her for more than 30 years, I do not have a photo right now but I will have one for you next time. I believe there may have been an accident in the bird cage as one of the door frames had fallen down but Fred was not underneath it. She was a distance away but had blood on her. Fred was already named when I was given her and it turned out he was a she. I feel heartbroken, but time will heal. 🐦🐦 

I found this beautiful flower pattern and just had to have a go at it. I was very surprised to discover how much yarn it actually took to make it, but ever so worth doing.

 And then I couldn't stop at one, I've made two.
  It is now impossible to put down my crochet hook, and for the last week or so our temperatures in the town I live in have been in the 40C's. It seems strange that I would still crochet in this heat but I can't help myself. 🤣🤣 What makes things worse, I also found little bits of yarn that I couldn't throw out, so heck....I have to crochet another little poncho don't I!!! 
 Oops!....and another one.
 The flowers on the ties are just so sweet.
 My masterpiece right now is an adult sized poncho. I wondered if I had the intelligence and experience to have a go at this pattern, and to my surprise, it is not as hard as it looks.

So my friends, this, though only a short post, is full of goodies that have kept me creative and busy. I am waiting for the next week to be done in the way of work because I am eager to have a break from work. It is not the nicest of places right now and I hope next year brings more luck.

I send you all good wishes and good health. Happy knitting, sewing, crocheting and creating.
Ciao, Anita.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I feel so sad for you, Anita, that your sweet Fred is no more. Wow, 30 years you and she have been together. As for crocheting in that heat....you are mad!! Every piece is lovely and as for that blue poncho...it's amazing. You must be looking forward to the summer holidays. Six weeks (or thereabouts) away from the madding crowd....YAY!! Hope your Christmas is a wonderful one, lovely lady.

Verbena said...

Bello lo scialletto turchese, tu dici che sia facile, a me sembra molto difficile.
Complimenti! Un bacio.

Mereknits said...

Thinking of you Anita. Losing a dear pet is just awful. I am sending you a big hug.

Karen S said...

Our pets do become a big part of our lives and it is so sad when we lose them. But how special to have had Fred for 30 years.
Good to sew you still busy with your crochet. The adult poncho is gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...