Sunday, July 22, 2018


Best friends are the people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little brighter and live a little better.




Buongiorno & Good Morning beautiful people!  
How wonderful you stop by to say hello and share this beautiful morning with me. Our weather is pretty winter today but the mood is very warm.  

I enjoyed a fantastic afternoon yesterday with these crazy, beautiful people. While I sat with my knitting these lovely friends untangled my balls of yarn. Nothing adds to a get together like having coffee, chatting and untangling yarn. Makes sense yes?

 I have sworn them to secrecy about not telling Heather about the tangled yarn. She is always giving me the look when she sees my balls of yarn. Our get together was a representation of support for our friend Chris whose loved father passed away a few days ago. Our sympathy goes out to you Chris and know you are much loved 💖

Chris, Fiona and Alf

An update on Milo....his recovery still goes well. He now has super powers and is doing is Downward Dog yoga pose on the table.

 These two are such good friends. When my husband comes home from work he has to go straight out and sit here with Milo. If he doesn't there is howling and crying at the back door.
This week I have finished off a baby sleeping sack and matching woolly hat for a customer. I am very, very happy with the end result and considering a made this set from a photo this customer sent me. She asked me if I could make this for her. Absolutely...I could make this for her. 

It is knitted in 8 ply yarn, on straight needles. It was one of those projects that I really enjoyed making. I hope she enjoys it and is pleased to receive it.

Another beanie to add to our stock for the markets. This beanie is knitted in a soft chunky yarn. Many people are wanting the 'big' knitted look and we sold most of our adult sized beanies last market day.
You may remember this tea cozy pattern from a while ago...I have been asked to make a tea cozy, any pattern for a lady at the markets. I really enjoy making this one so I'm at it again. I love it when people say they will have any colour, any pattern. I started this last night, so I'm doing well.

And last but not least...a view from my front verandah (porch)...the winter morning.

 On Friday morning I went outside and did some weeding. The sun was high and warm, and those weeds came out so easily. I have heaps to go yet but I'm glad the ground is soft from the rain. If you live in Australia you will know how impossible weeding can be if the earth is dry.

Well dear friends it is time to go about my business. Today I have to do my tax return and then take a young lady out for driving lessons. Hopefully there will be a little time left in the day to do some knitting. I wish you a magnificent week.

Ciao, Anita.
 Burano

4 comments:

Julie said...

That little knitted set you did for that lady is just so cute Anita. Love the hat with the ears. So, so pleased to read Milo is up & running again & feeling much better. Have a great week.

Maria said...

So frustrating when you have knotted yarn.
Nice to see Milo getting back to himself.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see you getting together to support a friend. I am sure it was appreciated.
Milo is looking great. I will have to read back to see what has happened to him.
Lovely knitting projects as always. I am not surprised most of the beanies went. It is so cold here.
And I agree about the weeds. It rained a lot when we were away so I need to get outside and do the same thing when these winds die down.

tesselleelle said...

Ciao Anita! vorrei essere li con te per poter vedere da vicino tanta gente così sanamente felice, i vostri sorrisi sono veramente contagianti, le cose che fate sono veramente eccitanti e preziose. Mi piace come passi il tuo tempo e le emozioni che trasmetti, sai sempre accontentare chi chiede il tuo aiuto per un lavoro. Milo è troppo simpatico anche quando fa il ruffiano, vedo che anche se è inverno i tuoi vasi di fiori ed il tuo giardino sono ancora belli vivaci. I tuoi berretti sono molto belli e anche il completo con il cappellino con orecchie. Bravi, che consolate il vostro amico che ha perso il papà. Bellissima Burano, così caratteristica, anch'io l'adoro. Spero di aver capito abbastanza e di aver risposto in maniera comprensibile. Oggi avevo bisogno di sorrisi e qui, li ho trovati, grazie amica mia! Un abbraccio a te, ai tuoi cari e ai tuoi amici,
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...