Sunday, July 9, 2017


Friendship is not about people who act true to your face.
It’s about people who remain true behind your back.
Hello dear friends! Well you can imagine that I am a happy girl as I have now started my holidays. I have been having way too much fun and it's even been a struggle to blog. How naughty am I? lol The weather has been cold but that is part of the fun....staying near the warm fire, not having to rush off to work, wearing casual clothing, drinking cups of tea and coffee.

Several projects I have been working on are going to be show entries and as you may have realised by now, this is the time of year I'm a bit 'private' about showing you a whole finished project. lol  I will show a couple of those first, in the crochet section......



 After much success at our last market day, Heather and I are now knitting madly to complete orders of handmade goods. As we sold many beanies we are now restocking. This one crocheted in tones of mixed white and purple will have accompanying crocheted flowers to go with it.

 And...oops!..this is another one of those 'secret' projects for the show. I have used dusky and natural tones mostly for this project but the embellishment I plan to add will bring all the colours together nicely.
 I have been commissioned to knit some doll clothes for a boy and girl doll, so here I have the boy doll jumper. It is about a 9 inch chest doll, so it is a good size. Now you will notice there is a tail in the picture....I can promise you it is not mine. lol
 Oh there he is.....the Prince of Darkness. lol Milo has now added another naughty habit of jumping in the wheelbarrow when I am trying to fill the bucket with wood. He is also prone to sneaking off with pieces of wood from the wheelbarrow and chewing them up.
 His shy face....but he is not shy. One of my sons did the fatal mistake of having a pocket full of pistachio's in his cardigan and going outside. He was just standing there and felt something strange like a grinding noise and looked down to see Milo chewing on his pocket!!!!! Just picture that!!!

 Two friends in the huge aviary of ours. They are sunning themselves.
 More little violets popping up in the pot.
 I'm so happy with this finish. I have made matching roll necked cardigans for little twin boys. I knitted these garments in 8ply and they have turned out so nice. They will keep the little boys very warm.

Well my friends, I am thinking hard about having a cup of coffee and perhaps a little crocheting. I have one more week of holidays so I will still be trying to plough through some show entries. While I do some crocheting I will be also planning to pay back those naughty lads at gym. They recently stuck my windscreen wipers up and shoved a banana peel in my door handle. lol....that my friends deserves payback. A beautiful weekend to you.
Ciao, Anita.

5 comments:

Jane said...

looks like you've been very busy. Love the cardigans. that style of collar always makes them look so cosy

Karen S said...

Good to see you relaxing and enjoying the break. The little jackets for the twins are gorgeous. They will be snug and warm. Looks like you are getting a good start on your show entries. Love the blue stripes.
I do love the way dogs have to be in the middle of all that you do. They really are great fun.

Mereknits said...

Happy Holidays Anita. You have cheered me up yet again with your sunny attitude.

JoJo said...

I love all of the beautiful colours and colour combos you do. And of course I ADORE Milo. Silly sweet pup!

tesselleelle said...

Bravissima Anita! quante belle cose riesci sempre a fare, hai lavorato tantissimo. Scusa la mia ignoranza, ma li è ancora inverno?...ho visto quei meravigliosi gerani rossi e sono rimasta incantata, le viole sono tra i miei fiori preferiti. Gli uccelli sono Upupa? scusa se sono un po' curiosa e ti faccio tante domande, mi piace sapere di cose e fatti di amici così lontani.

I tuoi post mettono sempre allegria cara Anita! un grande abbraccio a te e coccole per Milo.
Laura

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...